Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More of the same

For the first 21 years of our marriage, the Mrs. and I have had the typical health working relationship. She shares each and every pain, odd feeling and tells me about it-asks me what it is and wants to discuss it with me. I think this conversation occupies about 30 to 40% of our total volume of conversation. I have traditionally done the male approach in this. Not sharing anything I feel medically short of a fatal MI (and of course many a male fails to mention that till it is too late). I have relaxed my standards on this the last few years, I regret to say.

Now status post accident I would guess the Mrs. would pump up the volume on this topic so that it occupies about 99% of our conversation-but so far its still in the 40% range. The only bad thing is I can't mentally dismiss everything she says anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment