Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Books read-2013

This probably should be "books finished" during 2013 as at least 2 or maybe 3 probably were probably stared before January 1. Then again I am currently reading several books that will not be finished till 2014 so its all a wash. The following are in order that I finished the book.

1. THE CHILDREN OF HURIN by JRR Tolkien
2. ROADSIDE GEOLOGY OF YELLOWSTONE COUNTY, 2nd edition by Fritz and Thomas
3. THE COMPLETE SHORTER FICTION by Herman Melville (can't remember the editor but nice intro by the editor for context)
4. EZEKIEL, volume 2 by D Block, NICOT-New International Commentary on Old Testament series
5. DEEP AND WIDE by Andy Stanley
6. STICKY CHURCH by Larry Osborne
7. OR PERISH IN THE ATTEMPT-THE HARDSHIP AND MEDICINE OF THE LEWIS AND CLARK EXPEDITION by David Peck, MD
8. DRIFTLESS by David Rhodes
9. THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JOHN by DA Carson (2nd time)
10. ENCOUNTERING JOHN by A Kostenberger
11. THE SUPERIOR PENINSULA by Lon Emerick
12. THE COMPLETE WORKS OF EM BOUNDS by EM Bounds (all 8 of his books on prayer)
13. WANNBE DISTANCE GOD: THE THIRST, ANGST AND PASSION OF RUNNING IN THE CHASE PACK, by Timothy Tays
14. THE YEAR 2889 by Jules Verne. 22 pgs. First eBook finished

As I look back along the list I regret that I have not finished a pathology text in the last year. I surprise myself to see that I read a LOT more non-fiction than fiction. If you asked me what do I prefer I would say fiction every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment