Friday, January 14, 2011

Subtle Differences

Tourament up coming this weekend-first rated tournament in almost 3 years. I know I am better than 2 years ago, but my rating from then is probably inflated. From club play I may be 100-200 points lower than my current 1880. But I know club play is different and I have a weird style so that helps.

One thing that is different about TT is that subtle differences can be the difference between victory and defeat. And the only way to get rating points is to win. The way to lose points is to lose. A close loss still loses points and at best does not gain points. While in running a difference between a 14:30 5K runner and a 15:00 is so large an upset is unlikely, the difference in a 1500 and 1800 is not such that dailey random variation can affect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment