Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Frozen sections and table tennis...?




My kids, my direct family hate table tennis. They do not like to hear about it, they don't like to talk about and really do not like me to do it. In fact outside of maybe 10 or 15 people in the world, most of whom play at my table tennis club, no one could care less about about my FH counter loop or my persistent inability to execute a BH long pip hit.

Certainly table tennis technique is a trivial matter. Its not "revolution in Egypt" or have to do with ministry of eternal significance. So why or how does this trivial pusuit get my attention? It probably is due to my competitive nature, to the joy of "The shot well hit," [see Golf_which by the way bores me]. But maybe, just maybe it is to balance the fact of my day job. Just yesterday at work I found out about of a kid who died this weekend w cancer. A young man I "knew" professionally but also with peripheral community ties. And I did a frozen on another who will probably die in the same manner. Plus one more young girl who is now on the Very Serious Cancer Road.

This work life contrasts so sharply with home life. On that I could on.

So any one want to talk about FH looping of long serves wide to the FH?


No comments:

Post a Comment