Monday, March 1, 2010

Kids, Parenting, and Bears, Oh My!

Anyone who knows us, knows the my weakest link is parenting. We have struggled with that over the last several years. The struggle continues. Like the book of Job suggests and Ecclesiastes suggests there are things God knows that we do not. Maybe it is best to not ask some of the questions. I don't struggle too much with what is God doing in Barbs life or mine. But I do struggle with what He is doing in our kids lives via this accident. My belief in Gods sovereign providence is extends to ALL. This accident is not His accident, but within His sovereign will for Barb and I. But also for our kids and all those around us.

I cannot understand much of what He is doing-but for the kids and parenting them, I understand nothing. Has this been an opportunity for growth that I have failed them? Is it their failure? How does being further handicapped in parenting help? How does Hannah fit into all this? We believe God sent her to us-but are we failing her? We cannot physically parent all these kids like we feel we need to. We certainly see no positive parenting results. We do not see where He is going with this-we sure can't cooperate with where He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment